Family Financial Planning
Providing Comprehensive Financial Planning for Families in Michigan
Financial planning is a family affair we are intentional about a multi-generational approach
At Hill Island, we view financial planning as a family affair. Many of our clients wish to provide for future generations of family members, which is why we take a multi-generational approach to family financial planning.
Focusing on customized investment management and long-term family goals, we aim to provide opportunities to improve financial outcomes. We’re dedicated to preparing the next generation for wealth transfer, laying the groundwork for their financial goals.
As appropriate, we involve the next generation in the family financial planning process to ensure your loved ones remain informed of your priorities and hopes for the future.
- Facilitating conversations about long-term goals and family priorities
- Helping to ensure all family members’ opinions, values and goals are reflected in the strategies employed
- Providing custom, actionable opportunities to improve outcomes
- Incorporating tax planning*, estate planning*, growth, and wealth preservation strategies as part of a comprehensive plan
- Facilitating gifts to family members
- Incorporating charitable giving strategies such as family foundations, donor-advised funds and appreciated stock contributions
- Providing education to younger generations to prepare for an eventual transfer of wealth
* Hill Island Financial and its investment adviser representatives are not CPAs or tax attorneys. Our work involves coordinating with your tax professional, not providing tax advice.
How can we help?
Capture the Upside Podcast About this episode: In this episode, discover the essentials of 10B5-1 plans and their pivotal role in navigating insider trading laws. Learn from our financial advisors how to craft and implement these plans to protect your investments and...
In episode 2 of Capture the Upside, Kevin and Sean focus is on readying your estate for tax season.
In this episode of Capture the Upside, Kevin Toler tackles philanthropic giving, exploring the various reasons people choose to donate, different ways to give, and the tax benefits of charitable giving.
November is a time for giving thanks, spending time with loved ones and eating an obscene amount of food. If your turkey coma puts you in a thankful mood, you may consider paying it forward by making a charitable donation. Following are some tips to help you establish a charitable giving strategy.